February 20, 2019
Employee Spotlight: Jenny Almon – Employee Experience Manager
Welcome to another edition of our Employee Spotlight blog series. In today’s interview, we are proud to share Jenny Almon’s story. Jenny is our new Employee Experience Manager. This is a new role here at our firm, and was created to help ensure that we can continue to retain great employees by giving them a meaningful and rewarding experience as they grow their careers at Bridgepoint. We sat down with Jenny to learn about her background, why she is passionate about the employee experience and building relationships, and what fun adventures are next on her bucket list. Here’s what she had to say.
Getting to Know…
- Name: Jenny Almon
- Title: Employee Experience Manager
- Department/Practice Area: Marketing
- Hometown: I was born in Oklahoma, but was raised as a world traveler in some amazing places like Dubai, U.A.E. and Stavanger, Norway. I’ve settled in Austin and have been here for over five years.
- Education and Certifications: Baylor University: B.A. in Great Texts of the Western Tradition
- What is your role at Bridgepoint? I am the Employee Experience Manager. My primary focus is on enhancing the employee experience by providing a positive and rewarding environment for our employees from their first day at Bridgepoint throughout their tenure. I am looking forward to helping to drive programs, learning opportunities, communications and events that are meaningful and keep our team members engaged.
- What attracted you to Bridgepoint that made you want to join the firm? Bridgepoint values its employees and wants them to feel engaged and connected to their roles. I was extremely impressed with Bridgepoint’s passion for the employee experience and desire to enhance it even more, and that was the number one thing that attracted me to the firm.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? When I first started out as a people manager, my father shared that “people don’t quit their job, they quit their manager.” This stuck with me and has influenced how I approach working relationships. I’ve found over the years that emotional intelligence, and the ability to connect with people makes all the difference when it comes to having a happy and productive work life.
- Share one fun fact about yourself that would surprise people? Growing up traveling sparked my interest in flying at a young age. In 2011 while living in Anchorage, Alaska I took the leap and worked toward my Private Pilots License. I now fly recreationally when I have the time, which is not often enough.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? I love to read and I’m a huge fan of puzzles (I find them very relaxing). I’m also very active. In the evenings and on weekends, you’ll often find me walking the greenbelt with my dogs, going to yoga, or taking a dance class at Ballet Austin.
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list? I’ve visited six out of the seven continents. The only one left on my list is Antarctica, so I’d love to travel there in the next five years.
- If you could provide a few words of advice and encouragement to new consultants, what would you say? The relationships you build are key to your success. I would encourage anyone working in this field to be conscious of their interactions with managers, peers and clients. It’s important to cultivate good working relationships at all levels.
- What are some of your favorite quotes?
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” – Brené Brown
Check out additional Bridgepoint Employee Spotlight stories here.
LOOKING FOR A REWARDING CAREER? ARE YOU A CONSULTING ROCKSTAR? BRIDGEPOINT COULD BE THE PLACE FOR YOU. EXPLORE OUR CAREER PORTAL!