Bridgepoint Consulting Consultant
Daniel is a globally experienced accounting, finance and analytics leader with progressive experience across multiple industries, including corporate, wholesale, e-commerce, brick-and-mortar retail and manufacturing segments. He has implemented structures, processes and systems essential to maximizing time spent on business partnering, analysis, performance management and results.
Daniel Gonzalez’s Professional Summary
Daniel has implemented processes essential to maximizing performance and results.
- Financial Reporting
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- P&L, BS and Cash Management
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Planning and Analysis
Consultant Since 2022 Consulting services for a $100m construction steel manufacturer
- Partnered with CEO and CFO to develop a dynamic multi-entity financial forecasting model (full P&L, BS, and CF stmts) to serve as a cash and performance management monitoring tool.
- Leveraged historical data and key performance indicators (KPIs) to develop driver-based revenue and costs assumptions.
- Enhanced visibility into financial forecasting model resulting into cash infusion from existing partner equity group and increased credit facility (LOC) with existing lender.
Consulting services for a start-up +20M toy wholesaler
- Providing fractional CFO services by supporting CEO and COO with multi-year financial modeling, due diligence, sales forecasting, financial reporting and overseeing accounting function. Revenues projected to exceed +$75m in year 3 (2022) since inception of company.
- Business on track to raise minority stake investment from prominent Houston based private equity firm.
Consulting services for a start-up SAAS business (4m in Annual Recurring Revenue)
- Supported Head of Finance by creating a dynamic 5-year financial forecasting model (full P&L, BS, and CF stmts) to project cash burn rate and monitor recurring revenue metrics.
- Business currently undergoing Series B fundraising efforts.
Consulting service for a +75m cannabis hardware and consumable wholesaler
- Partnered with CEO and CFO to create a long-range strategic plan encompassing organic focus growth + restructuring efforts + inorganic growth to build a scalable business model and increase enterprise value (EV) multiple.
- Worked in tandem with CFO to develop various scenarios presented to CEO and members of the board.
Skinfix Inc., Austin, TX (2020 – 2021) VP of Finance
- Partnered with investment bank and senior management to raise capital through Series B fundraising efforts, including seven IOIs (indications of interest) and three LOIs (letters of intent) with highest valuation exceeding 5x revenue multiple
- Implemented NetSuite ERP; collaborated with NetSuite IT consultants on various aspects of system’s configuration
- Implemented financial reporting standards, including creation of dynamic P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting model
- Supported founder/CEO with debt capital fundraising efforts; resulted in $2M bridge loan
- Managed working capital and cash requirements, ensuring responsible allocation of capital
- Developed financial procedures including preparation of monthly B/S account reconciliations, month-end checklist, and segregation of duties guidelines.
- Managed relationship with CPA firm (KPMG) for annual audit and tax engagements
- Oversaw daily workflow of accounting team, including hiring and mentoring team members
Jouer Cosmetics, Los Angeles, CA (2019 – 2020) Head of Finance and Operations
- Led and developed accounting/finance, operations and IT functions
- Supported executive management with negotiating international sales agreements
- Lowered cash conversion cycle time by 25 days by extending vendor payment terms and selling discontinued inventory through outlet channel online retailers
- Owned FP&A activities, including creation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts process and implementation of quarterly financial reviews across all departments
- Implemented phase-driven go/no-go decision point “stage-gate” process to review new products at various stages of development and ensure product launch KPIs were met
Reformation, Vernon, CA (2018 – 2019) Director of Finance
- Ran financial planning activities, including analyzing company’s historical data to identify trends to project forward-looking financials
- Participated in due diligence efforts, including quality of earnings assessment and five-year financial model (in partnership with Goldman Sachs)
Murad (Unilever Prestige) , El Segundo, CA (2016 – 2018) Director of Financial Planning and Analytics
- Directed team of four responsible for all business planning, forecasting and analytics across multi-channel organization, including preparation of comprehensive monthly business review packages, executive summaries and KPI dashboards/metrics
- Implemented Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service, resulting in 8% reduction to overall consulting spend
- Drove accountability and informed decision making through ROI assessments
- Partnered with marketing and direct-to-consumer teams; created processes that drove gross margin improvements for quarterly product launches and ensured effectiveness of promotional activities
- Increased sales productivity across professional sales channel by restructuring sales force; led to savings of 10% on overall payroll costs
- Streamlined month-end close process moving from a 21-day close cycle to a 3-day close cycle.
Reduced telecommunications costs by 20% by replacing broadband service card subscriptions with business mobile phone hotspot/tethering capabilities
Oakley, Inc., Foothill Ranch, CA (2006 – 2016) Global Retail Manager, BI and Reporting (2015 – 2016)
- Oversaw creation and management of data warehouse for retail store operations
- Enhanced and supported retail business worldwide through continued delivery of data, metrics, key performance indicators and dashboards, driving performance and effective decision making
- Managed two people, including performance and development, training on complex databases as well as resource allocations for ongoing project/support work
EMEA FP&A Manager (Zurich, Switzerland) (2013 – 2015)
- Led all FP&A activities related to complex financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting for region
- Improved free-cash-flow by actively managing inventory, renegotiating vendor payment terms, following up with customers and enforcing credit limits to optimize collections cycle
- Achieved 200+ basis points of selling expense leverage across two years through analytical sales rep and account productivity assessments and reorganizing territories, making sales force more efficient
- Developed data-driven sales forecasting model supported by KPIs (e.g., average daily order rates, backorder assumptions, order fulfillment rates)
FP&A Manager of Wholesale & Manufacturing Operations (2012 – 2013)
- Supported and managed wholesale segment comprising North and South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Military business units, including manufacturing and R&D departments
- Directed team of three analysts; ensured appropriate support and coverage across various regional business units and corporate departments
- Worked with supply chain management to ensure apparel buy plans and eyewear build plans aligned with sales targets
- Led architecture and design decisions for Hyperion Planning system enhancements
Senior Financial Analyst (2011 – 2012)
- Managed budgeting and forecasting process across wholesale and retail business segments (revenues of $1B+), including assisting executive management with monthly board presentations
- Collaborated with strategic planning group to develop company’s three-year operating plan
- Performed complex analyses, variable budgeting, trend analyses and modeling to identify areas of opportunity and drive effective business decisions
- Provided executive team with sales and gross margin reports across product category and channel, including SKU-level analysis, to evaluate success of new release styles
Financial Reporting Analyst (2008 – 2011)
- Prepared and analyzed consolidated gross margin of wholesale and retail operating segments by comparing current year, month and quarter against forecast and prior year
- Presented product line profitability reports to management with emphasis on units, revenue, standard margin, standard cost, pricing, discounts and channel mix
- Developed and prepared pro-forma P&Ls and sales charts for monthly management business reviews
Internal Auditor (2006 – 2008)
- Maintained documentation across all relevant business processes as required per Sarbanes-Oxley
- Designed and tested internal controls across domestic and foreign subsidiaries; worked closely with process owners to remediate control deficiencies
- Prepared “audit findings” reports for management, ensuring full awareness of control deficiencies
University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics (Accounting emphasis)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive)
- Advanced experience: SAP ERP, Business Warehouse (BW), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle SmartView, Oracle Hyperion Planning, Essbase
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Oracle BI, Oracle On-Prem ERP, NetSuite, Tableau