August 9, 2018
Employee Spotlight: Nora Foster, Sr. Manager of Financial Operations
Welcome to another edition of our Employee Spotlight blog series. In today’s interview, we’re shining a spotlight on Nora Foster, Bridgepoint’s Sr. Manager of Financial Operations. I recently sat down with Nora to learn about her role, why she was drawn to consulting and what’s next on her bucket list.
GETTING TO KNOW…
- Name: Nora Foster
- Title: Sr. Manager of Financial Operations
- Department/Practice Area: Financial Consulting (Fin Ops)
- Time at Bridgepoint (years or months): 4 ½ years
- Hometown: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor of Science in personnel management from Oklahoma State University; Certified Public Accountant in Oklahoma
- You’ve worked as a financial consultant at Bridgepoint for over four years now but recently joined the internal team. Can you tell us about your role? I work with all of our financial consultants and principals to ensure we have the right resources in place to meet our clients’ needs. One of my personal goals is to help enhance the overall consultant experience, through training and development opportunities, as well as networking and keeping them engaged.
- How did you decide upon a career in consulting? I’ve spent 30+ years of my career working as a financial business advisor at small, medium and large companies, both private and publicly-traded. The world of consulting is so different, and I really enjoy the variety and flexibility it offers. We get to work with so many different industries, company sizes, and cool clients.
- What attracted you to Bridgepoint? When I moved to Austin in 2006 looking for a full-time job, someone told me that I needed to talk to Bridgepoint because they had a reputation for knowing the Austin business landscape. Bridgepoint’s Professional Search Team actually found me my first job!
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? I really enjoy working with so many different people to support the success of our consulting team. The best part of my job is that I help to support our FinOps growth initiatives into new markets.
- What advice do you have for new consultants who want to grow their careers at Bridgepoint? Use the vast knowledge that exists in-house to learn as much as you can. We have so many resources (both people and technology) at our disposal and everyone is more than willing to help you – take advantage of that.
- What is the toughest part of your job? Honestly, every day is different. But I would say that balancing the needs of clients, consultants and principals can be challenging at times and change quickly.
- What would people never guess you do in your role? I talk to almost everyone in the entire organization on a regular basis.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? What are some of your hobbies? My exercises of choice are yoga and Camp Gladiator. I also love to read and travel.
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list? I want to go to every state in the United States and to every continent before I die.
- Any fun facts that would surprise people? I rode on a Mardi Gras float in New Orleans on Mardi Gras Day. In my spare time, I also plan and organize African safaris and Kilimanjaro treks.
Check out additional Bridgepoint Employee Spotlight stories here.
WE’RE HIRING A-PLAYERS FOR A VARIETY OF FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, and RISK CONSULTING ROLES. EXPLORE OUR CAREER PORTAL!
Employee Spotlight, Monica Gill, Partner
Employee Spotlight: David Schmunk, Financial Consultant
3 Keys to Hiring Accounting and Finance Talent in a Tight Market