April 27, 2017
Employee Spotlight: Kent Brorman – NetSuite Sr. Practice Manager
Welcome to another edition of our Employee Spotlight blog series. In today’s interview, we’re shining a spotlight on Kent Brorman, a Sr. Practice Manager in our NetSuite Consulting practice. I recently sat down with Kent to learn why he loves his job, especially getting “into the weeds,” his favorite achievement to date, and what’s next on his growing bucket list.
GETTING TO KNOW…
- Name: Kent Brorman
- Title: Sr. Practice Manager, NetSuite Consulting
- Practice Area: NetSuite/Technology
- Time at Bridgepoint: 5 years,
- Hometown: Dalhart, Texas
- Education: BBA Finance, Texas State University-San Marcos
- Certified SuiteFoundation
- Certified NetSuite Administrator
- Certified NetSuite ERP Consultant
- What is your current role at Bridgepoint? I’m a Sr. Practice Manager in our NetSuite practice.
- How did you decide upon a career in consulting? I had a college roommate who was working in Austin at a boutique NetSuite startup doing consulting. It was very foreign to me but interesting, to say the least. Through him, I scheduled an interview with the leadership, and I’ve been loving it ever since!
- What attracted you to Bridgepoint? I was originally attracted to Bridgepoint through other colleagues that I had worked with at the boutique startup, who then starting working at Bridgepoint. At the time, there were only about 3-4 employees on the NetSuite team. Given that Bridgepoint had a growing NetSuite Consulting practice, and I was ready to transition out of my current company, it was the perfect time to join the Bridgepoint team.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? I really enjoy the variety of different projects we have and the exposure to our clients’ different industries. A lot of consultants get siloed into a vertical within their organization. At Bridgepoint, while we all have strengths in particular industries, we get the opportunity to support projects that are “out of our comfort zone.” This has allowed me to gain experience and knowledge in a variety of different business processes. I spent years in the Senior Consultant role delivering NetSuite solutions for different industries. Now, I am getting to assist projects in a different capacity, focusing on the growth of our other team members.
- What has been your favorite memory/achievement while working at Bridgepoint? That would have to be the Bronto implementation. NetSuite acquired a Durham, NC-based marketing software called Bronto. Because of this acquisition, all Bronto systems and processes had to be on-boarded onto NetSuite’s instance of NetSuite (NL Corp is what they called it). The timeline for this implementation was extremely escalated due to legal and contractual obligations. We did what was usually a 6-8 month implementation in roughly 7 weeks! It was extremely challenging and very stressful. But, Bridgepoint accomplished what we were tasked with doing, and it brought our firm to the forefront of the NetSuite Partner Community. And we can say that “we implemented NetSuite for NetSuite,” which is something not a lot of people can say!
- What is the toughest part of your job? I would say the most challenging aspect of my job is solving problems where often I don’t know the solution. Clients come to us with requirements that we have often not experienced in the past. We can never say “no,” so we have to figure it out. This requires us to think “outside the box,” and design/architect new and exciting solutions that our clients will depend on for their business operations.
- What gets you excited about going to work each day? At Bridgepoint (and with our current projects), every day is one step closer to go-live. And one step closer to delivering a new-age software to our clients. Seeing our clients use the software with new and improved features is always gratifying. And knowing that I get to be a key piece of that experience is very exciting to me. We also have a really great team at Bridgepoint. Working with these guys/girls is always exciting, and there is never a dull moment.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? What are some of your hobbies? I play golf, hang out with friends and meet new people. I also divulge into Netflix/HBO Series and I’m a big fan of jogging and traveling (when time permits).
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list? I’ve been skydiving, so my next adventure will be bungee jumping.
- What is one fun fact that would surprise people? I know how to drive a tractor, combine and pretty much any other farming equipment you can imagine. I grew up in a small, agriculture-based town. My dad was a farmer (mostly corn and wheat), so naturally, that meant that I helped out a lot, often against my own accord.
Check out additional Bridgepoint Employee Spotlight stories here.
Are you a NetSuite rockstar? We’re looking for A-players for a variety of NetSuite Consulting roles. Explore our Career Portal!
Employee Spotlight: Jeff Hiddemen – Principal
Top 10 Highlights: NetSuite 2019.2 Release
Employee Spotlight: Vicki Humphrey – Senior Manager of Technology Consulting