A leader in designing and implementing technology-enabled solutions for businesses and consumers, the Company has over 2,500 employees in more than 60 cities across the U.S. and Canada, and is private equity owned.
- Transaction Support / Due Diligence
- Post-acquisition Integration
- Interim Finance / Financial Consulting
- Interim Tax Assistance / Audit Prep
- Revenue Recognition (ASC 606)
- Project Management (Adaptive Insights Implementation)
Bridgepoint Provides Critical Transition & Acquisition Support Services to Consulting Services Company
BUSINESS CHALLENGE: PREPARING FOR RAPID GROWTH AND CHANGE DUE TO LEADERSHIP TRANSITIONS & ACQUISITIONS
The Company was experiencing significant turnover of its junior and senior finance and accounting leadership positions. The turnover was happening on the heels of implementing a new Workday ERP system, and during a time when the Company was facing continued growth through acquisitions. The changes were also occurring while the labor market was extremely tight, which made it difficult and time-consuming to hire new, high-caliber professionals to fill critical roles to support the business through this transitional period.
To further compound the challenges during our engagement:
- The Company was sold from one private equity owner to another;
- They needed to implement the new revenue recognition (ASC 606) accounting rules quickly and efficiently; and
- The Company implemented its first financial planning and forecasting software tool.
BRIDGEPOINT: ACQUISITION INTEGRATION, DUE DILIGENCE SUPPORT & MORE
Bridgepoint was initially engaged by the Company to help address several critical resource gaps due to the changes in leadership that were occurring. Bridgepoint provided an interim Corporate Controller and then filled several other roles, on an interim basis, to support the business during this transitional period. These roles included a Director of Finance, Director of Tax and Assistant Controller. Bridgepoint also assisted with recruiting several permanent staff positions and helped the Company improve the organization structure of its Accounting department. Subsequently, the company began its sales process, and the Bridgepoint team was intimately involved in assisting with aspects of the due diligence process and supporting the closing of the transaction. As a result, the Company was sold to two large private equity firms in a very favorable transaction.
With the Workday ERP implementation and subsequent integration challenges and turnover, the Company had not begun to assess the impact of the new Revenue Recognition rules (ASC 606). Bridgepoint assigned a team to focus specifically on this significant project, given the complexities of their customer contracts. Bridgepoint reviewed all contracts and worked with auditors and ERP consultants to help management implement ASC 606. Additionally, the Company wanted to implement Adaptive Insights to help streamline its financial planning process prior to the new fiscal year. The Bridgepoint team project managed aspects of the company-wide implementation of the new software, helping to ensure it was in place prior to the start of the Company’s 2019 budget cycle. Bridgepoint also assisted with the Company’s 2017 audit and integration of an acquired entity.
- In August 2018, the Company was sold in a very successful transaction. The Bridgepoint team was heavily involved in facilitating this transaction on a condensed timeline.
- The 2017 audit was completed on a timely basis given the adoption of the new Workday ERP system in October 2017.
- The accounting and finance function continued to operate given the three direct reports to the CFO had resigned in a 3-to-4-month period.
- Tax filings were filed in a timely manner under the interim Director of Tax. Additionally, tax due diligence was accomplished during this period in connection with the acquisition.
- Adaptive Insights was implemented in a short timeframe to improve reporting and forecasting in time for the 2019 budget cycle.
- The analysis of the new Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) accounting rules is currently in progress and should be completed in a timely manner.
What the Client Says
We were experiencing significant changes in our leadership shortly after implementing a new corporate ERP system, and right around our year end. The Bridgepoint team became our go-to partner – always delivering a strong, consistent team with the right people and expertise we needed to keep the business running smoothly and deliver results for our stakeholders. From helping us fill key leadership positions and implement new systems to manage our rapid growth, to supporting us through the due diligence process, Bridgepoint was instrumental in helping us consummate a major sale of the business to a new private equity firm.