Stay connected and join the conversation in our blogs, news and social channels.
Employee Spotlight: Dominica Council, Director – Public Sector Services
Welcome to another edition of our Employee Spotlight blog series. In today’s interview, we’re shining a spotlight on Dominica Council, a Director in Bridgepoint’s Public Sector Technology Consulting practice. I recently sat down with Dominica to learn about her background serving the Public Sector, her vision for the future, and the advice that has guided her career. Here’s what she had to say.
GETTING TO KNOW…
- Name: Dominica Council
- Title: Director, Public Sector Services
- Department/Practice Area: Business Development for Technology Consulting
- Hometown: Born in Prague, raised in Raleigh…and now I’m an Austinite!
- Education and Certifications: UNC – Chapel Hill: Bachelor of Science in Business/Industrial Relations, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- What is your role at Bridgepoint? I am a Director in Bridgepoint’s Public Sector Technology Consulting practice. My primary focus is helping to lead our Business Development efforts for technology in the Great State of Texas.
- What attracted you to Bridgepoint that made you want to join the firm? Bridgepoint has such a great reputation in Texas. I was very impressed by our team, leadership and core values – all which resonate with me! I am passionate about helping to further grow our firms’ business in the Public Sector; and especially excited about working closely with Vijay George to expand upon the success he started last year.
- What do you enjoy the most about your line of work? I really enjoy working with Public Sector organizations because I get to support humble people who believe in servant-led leadership—people who choose to work in government or education. It is rewarding to help clients that serve the citizens of the State of Texas.
- What do you find challenging about your line of work? Sometimes, our clients have a clear need, but may be constrained by the government’s budget process. Overcoming these challenges can be difficult. However, it is rewarding to partner with organizations to identify the compelling event, and find the funds to accomplish their goals—whether they are short or long-term.
- What do you believe is the value in Bridgepoint’s delivery model and service offerings? How do you think Bridgepoint helps companies and government agencies? Bridgepoint’s value is its people—talented, experienced, passionate, trust-worthy and focused on helping clients. With the many collective years of experience our firm already has in the market, along with our new strategic partnership with Addison Group and AIM Consulting, I think that now is the perfect time to expand our presence in the Public Sector.
- Could you elaborate on your past experiences as an IT Sales Executive, and how that translates to your work here at Bridgepoint? I spent the last 20+ years in sales / business development at Hewlett-Packard (HP) and CA Technologies selling solutions and services to State and Local Government and Education (SLED). In those roles, I helped customers leverage technology to improve services to its citizens. I hope to leverage my previous experiences and strong existing relationships to help us continue to expand our Public Sector offerings.
- What are some of your goals for Bridgepoint this year? Our focus this year is continuing to build meaningful Public Sector relationships and expand our client base–in partnership with Addison Group and AIM Consulting. As we grow our presence in the market, we also hope to expand our Centers of Influence (COIs) to include even more Public Sector focused partners. We hope to make a difference!
- Can you briefly describe what a client should expect from working with you and the Bridgepoint team? We offer uncompromising integrity and dedication to help organizations achieve their business objectives.
- What would people never guess you do in your role? I think most people don’t realize that I am actively engaged in several Government and Education associations. It’s incredibly rewarding and allows me to build many strong relationships in this community. The Public Sector is my passion!
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? To under commit and over deliver. I also believe it’s important to constantly re-evaluate situations and be ready to adapt as needed.
- Share one fun fact about yourself that would surprise people? I married my high school sweetheart and we are still together. Actually, Todd and I had our first date in 8th grade – I feel so lucky!
- What are some of your favorite quotes? These are two of my all-time favorites:
- “Vision without execution is hallucination.” ― Thomas Edison
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou
Check out additional Bridgepoint Employee Spotlight stories here.
ARE YOU A FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, OR RISK CONSULTING ROCKSTAR? BRIDGEPOINT COULD BE THE PLACE FOR YOU. EXPLORE OUR CAREER PORTAL!
Employee Spotlight: Vicki Humphrey – Senior Manager of Technology Consulting
Employee Spotlight: Kent Brorman – NetSuite Consulting Manager
Employee Spotlight, Monica Gill, Partner